Camp Joy partners with organizations and hospitals to help children and their families manage a medical condition/illness through weekend camp and retreat experiences. Some of the benefits of a Family Camp include:
- Family Unity: Provides families with an opportunity to create memories together in a fun setting.
- Education: Educates children/families about the illness in a non-medical setting
- Relationship Building: Provides an opportunity for children/families to learn and bond with other managing a similar condition.
- Fun!: Wholesome outdoor recreation, creative arts, and adventure activities
Joy works with agencies and organizations to custom tailor the programs based on the organizations goals.
Joy currently works with the following family camps:
- Joyful Hearts Family Camp
Dates: May 17-19, 2019
- Cancer Family Care Day
Dates: June 1, 2019
- Healthworks! Camp Out Family Weekend
Dates: June 7-9, 2019
- YPO/WPO, INC. Father Daughter and Father Son Adventures
Dates: July 18-21, 2019 (Father/Daughter) August 8-11, 2019 (Father/Son)
- VISTAGE Family Camp
August 5-7, 2019
Registration link coming soon
- Arthritis Foundation Family Camp
Dates: October 5-6, 2019