Camp Joy partners with organizations and hospitals to help children and their families manage a medical condition/illness through weekend camp and retreat experiences. Some of the benefits of a Family Camp include:
- Family Unity: Provides families with an opportunity to create memories together in a fun setting.
- Education: Educates children/families about the illness in a non-medical setting
- Relationship Building: Provides an opportunity for children/families to learn and bond with other managing a similar condition.
- Fun!: Wholesome outdoor recreation, creative arts, and adventure activities
Joy works with agencies and organizations to custom tailor the programs based on the organizations goals.
Joy currently works with the following family camps:
- Joyful Hearts Family Camp
Dates: June 24-29, 2018
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Camp
Dates: August 11, 2018 (Staff arrive 8/10)
- Tri-State Bleeding Disorders Family Camp
Dates: July 15-20, 2018 (Teen) July 22-27, 2018 (Youth)
- Healthworks! Camp Out Family Weekend
Dates: June 3-8, 2018 and June 8-10, 2018
- Cancer Family Care Day
Dates: June 2, 2018
- Arthritis Foundation Family Camp
Dates: October 6-7, 2018
- Hemophilia & Vascular Family Camp
- Camp CouragEOS Family Camp
- YPO/WPO International Father Daughter and Father Son Adventures
Dates: July 19-22, 2018 (Father/Daughter) August 9-12, 2018 (Father/Son)