Camp Joy offers 317 acres of outstanding facilities for outdoor, experienced-based programming. Camp Joy provides a unique combination of superb service, versatile meeting rooms, terrific food, and overnight accommodations, all presented in a peaceful and inspiring natural environment.
Camp Joy’s campus is filled with indoor and outdoor program spaces, an observatory, a green house, exciting ropes courses, heated and air conditioned cabin spaces that sleep up to 300, two dining spaces that serve delicious meals to meet any dietary requirement, campfire rings, gaga pits, and many beautiful hiking trails.
Camp Joy’s campus is largely accessible and we continue to build our facility to be more inclusive and accessible to a wide variety of clients. We have partnered with many of our clients to modify our campus to meet their accessibility needs and strive to make the outdoor experience available to all participants. Camp Joy’s accessible facilities/buildings include:
- Main Dining Hall, for up to 165 campers.
- Overnight cabins, for both youth and adult groups.
- Meeting rooms, for groups of any size.
- Health Cottage, with overnight accommodations and a fully accessible bathroom, also serves as Joy’s health center.
- A swimming pool and with zero access entry and accessible changing rooms.
- The Recreation Center, contains an indoor ropes course with accessible elements and a giant swing.
- Procter & Gamble Learning Center for large group meetings, also has an indoor climbing wall.
- Gemini High Ropes Course with accessible elements.
- Polaris High Ropes Course – equipped with a hydraulic lift for zip line use.
- Scripps Howard Creative Arts Center and Kitchen.
- Bruce E. Ficke Pavilion, outdoor meeting space with accessible bathrooms.
There are overnight accommodations, bathrooms, meeting rooms, dining facilities, adventure elements and outdoor features that are all universally accessible.
Many of Camp Joy’s roads and trails also are accessible, and plans are in the works to improve additional ones.
If you have any questions regarding Camp Joy’s facilities and its accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 937.289.2031.